OSX MySql terminal parameters -


so going crazy this. have mamp installed , it's mysql working fine. installed mysql 5.7.19 official dmg site , installed.

from pref panel not getting status updates , such cannot stop though running. trivial though can launctl unload it.

however, big issue facing although server starts correctly (from pref panel) , can see process running , respective /tmp/mysql.sock file when try run mysql in terminal (or other mysql command) error stating cant find sock file , pipes out applications/mamp path.

i looked everywhere my.cnf might setting , there none (apart 1 used mamp). no environment variables set override it, nothing. in fact, there no other my.cnf files reason still thinks should using /applications/mamp path.

my_print_defaults client confirms pipes out

--socket=/applications/mamp/tmp/mysql/mysql.sock 

but have absolutely no idea , how being set , need able run on instance terminal commands. driving me crazy hours now.

no files at

/etc/my.cnf /etc/mysql/my.cnf /usr/local/mysql/etc/my.cnf ~/.my.cnf  

no environment variable mysql_unix_port described here: https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/problems-with-mysql-sock.html

so how heck getting value?

also checked @ data_dir , base_dir, no my.cnf there either.

obviously ive done which mysql confirm calling correct binary.

any appreciated!

update running my_print_defaults client --verbose --no-defaults pipes same exact output, guessing somehow set elsewhere. can variable set otherwise?

ok found answer after , sharing having same issue.

in essence, --socket parameter added via ~/.mylogin.cnf file!

i not sure if ever added there pretty sure wasn't me, guessing mamp did it.

this encrypted file can't edit directly can change via mysql_config_editor:

mysql_config_editor remove --socket

and problem solved!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ios - MKAnnotationView layer is not of expected type: MKLayer -

ZeroMQ on Windows, with Qt Creator -

unity3d - Unity SceneManager.LoadScene quits application -